I am a
happy owner of a Dell Precision M4800.
Just kidding – I don't remember ever having so many problems with a PC hardware platform on Linux.
Continue reading “Dell Seagate SSHD Firmware Update on Linux”
- Fedora 20 kernel only just started working correctly with most of the devices installed.
- Dell 1550 (Broadcom BCM4352) WiFi had to be replaced with an Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260, since kmod-wl doesn’t actually support all capabilities of the card and it refuses to work with half of APs in the wild.
- Declared support RHEL 6, 6.4 is just that – declared: 2.6 kernels do not really support Haswell hardware, especially the mobile one.
- RHEL 7 kernel is too old (3.10) to properly support Haswell graphics (Intel Graphics Stack is on 3.15 already) and RHEL7 altogether appears buggier than even Fedora 20.
- ATI should be set on fire for its quality of Linux drivers: kernels above 3.13 are not supported.